Saturday, August 7, 2010

Monday's getting closer!

So, my husband's reaction was not as bad as I thought it would be. I told him Thursday night over dinner that I really wanted to make the switch to vegan, instead of just vegetarian. At first he was afraid I wanted to become a weirdo (because we all know that all vegans are "weirdos", lol) but then I explained my reasoning, he read my blog, and he decided it was a good thing. *Whew!* I was afraid it would be more of a struggle than that. It's my body, and I decide what I put in it, but I still need to honor my husband, and listen to his opinions, too. I am so happy he's behind me 100% and very supportive! That will make this so much easier. And, as he told me today, all the food I don't eat - he gets to! Ha, not quite what I was going for, but that's okay.

Monday will be a big day in a couple ways. I start my new job (attending new teacher orientation) and I start being vegan!! I am so excited about both of them, but also a little bit nervous. I still need to meal plan a few meals for the week. We may need to make a quick run to the store for a few vegetables and tofu, in order for me to have something to eat! I made a trip to Hy-Vee here in town on Thursday, to check out their health food section. I really liked that they have some locally-produced tofu, as well as a fairly wide variety of other food products! They didn't have the kind of soy cheese I wanted, but they do have TWO vegan brands! That's more than I can say for Dillons.

Well, I'm off to search for more recipes now, and enjoy the rest of my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment